Friday 5 on Tuesday - 5 inventions I love

So I missed last Friday.  It happens.  We're going to play Friday 5 on a Tuesday, just to mix things up a bit.

I was thinking about things that make my life easier.  There are so many things, little things thought of by people who are creative, that help my life.  Here are a few.

1.  The re-usable K cup.  When my kids (and their dad) got me a Keurig for Mother's Day, I was less than thrilled.  I live within a budget and coffee for that thing wasn't going to fit in it.  Plus it's just more stuff in landfills.  The re-usable K cup solves all those problems.  Brilliant.

2. The automatic ice maker.  One of the big arguments in my house growing up was "who left the ice tray with just one cube in it??".  That and who only fills up the little cubes half way making for little ice cubes - makes me nuts.  I don't have to think about that any more.

3.  Texting.  I don't actually like talking to people.  Texting allows me to communicate without having to have personal interaction.  Perfect!  It also lets me say totally inappropriate things to people at times I couldn't normally.  I can text my boyfriend with an inappropriate comment while at the doctor's office (not in front of the doctor, I'm not rude).  It provides me with good distractions.  And yes, bad distractions, too.

4.  The beeping thing that lets me find my car.  I would lose my car (especially my rental that is beige!) daily if I couldn't hit the little button that helps me find my car.  I'm pretty sure that annoys people in the parking garages and lots where I park but it prevents me from looking like a moron walking up and down all the aisles looking for my car.

5.  The DVR.  I don't watch a ton of tv.  Okay, I sort of do.  But I love a limited amount of tv.  I love the Big Bang Theory.  I love The Walking Dead.  I have a few things I really want to see, but I want to see them on my time.  DVR is awesome.  I can fast forward over the things my kids shouldn't see.  I can preview things they want to see but I'm unsure is appropriate for them.  This is a good invention.  It's not as friendly as my DVD player.  That says Hello and Good Bye to me but DVR is still a good thing.


Clever Compass' Friday 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day