Let's see......what has happened this week:
1. I (finally) got a washer! This is more exciting than I ever imagined. I washed just about everything that has been waiting for a washer. All the clothes, linens and a comforter!!! No flooding! No thump, thump, thump as it tries to move into the middle of the room. Nothing! And it sings to me. This is love.
2. I remembered why I actually like being an interpreter this week. Most of my work like is pretty routine. I stepped outside of my familiar world and tried something different. And I was able to work with another interpreter from another country. That was so cool! Fabulous exercise for my brain and confidence level.
3. Without divulging specifics, I learned that the mommy network is strong and I'm happy to be part of it. When I need just about anything (most recently a plumber), I go to the network and get the help I need. I've used it for everything from services to medical recommendations. This week, I made a comment to a friend (not a mom!) about an issue I'm dealing with and within 30 mins, another mom reached out to me with advice and support. It's nice to know I'm not alone.
4. My blog post last week was picked up my by ex-husband and his girlfriend and reached a lot of people! It wasn't quite a record for this blog but it was close! That was an exercise
5. I practiced letting go. I let my kids go to the movies in downtown Silver Spring without me. Without an adult (little did I know another mom didn't leave the theater!). Then they went shopping and eating - all alone. Anyone who knows me knows I have control issues. But I also valued the freedom my mom gave me when I was young (I was riding the train to Philly alone by age 10). I want them to experience that. It all went well. Whew!
It's been another crazy, busy week. But I'm remembering to acknowledge the good when it comes, realize the bad doesn't last forever and be grateful for it all.