I do some things very well. I laugh a lot. I get into enough trouble to keep me happy. I'm competent at my job (most days). I'm a good enough mom and a good enough girlfriend.
There are some things I don't do so well. Or rather I don't want to do so well. I'd like to outsource those things. In other words, I need an Alice, Mrs. Livingston, Mr. French or whoever the current sitcom maid/housekeeper is. I'd be a good client. Okay, I'd be a challenge. But the laughter would be worth it....maybe.
1. I would (at least temporarily) outsource cooking. I'm highly mediocre at it. My boyfriend is polite and eats it. My kids tolerate it. Some days are better than others. Breakfast (pancakes with chocolate chips and oats - surprisingly good!) is okay. Dinner last night gave us all serious gas. There's got to be a better way.
2. If I never did laundry again, I'd be a happy girl. The problem with this is I'm picky. I could take it to the laundry that charges $1/pound. But I don't like the smell. I want someone to do it here, where the germs and detergent can be controlled.
3. I hate mowing the lawn. I hate it. I will never like it. I don't like weeding, whacking, any of it.
4. Making lunches. I don't know why but I detest making school/camp lunches. It isn't hard. I'm usually prepared. I even have good ideas. I just hate doing it. For no good reason.
5. Paperwork. I hate it and it hates me. It's a mutual thing. I can never get rid of it and it never stops coming into my house. I need a paper nanny - someone to take care of it all. I seriously suck at this.
There are plenty of things I'm good at. I don't even completely suck at my list above. I just don't like doing them. I should probably add that I want to outsource the whole car buying thing but that will be a future post.