Such a quiet house

I'm in my house alone.  Again.

I came home from vacation to a quiet, if not messy, house.  No "Mommy!"  No arguing.  No bickering.  Nothing.

Six days later, it's still quiet.  I haven't seen my children in nearly three weeks.  One more week to go.  It's been a long time.

I miss them as much as I expected.  It feels longer than I thought it would.

I'm grateful for technology.  While in Geneva, I stayed up past 2am so I could video chat with them.  Now I can only talk on the phone to them, but that's okay.  It's better than nothing.  M has gone from being annoyed that I left to missing me - I can hear it in her voice.  A missed me all along.  I miss them.

They will come back more independent, having been able to bike to camp alone (which would never happen here) and having been away from both parents for two weeks (they're with other family members).  They will be tanned and have stories to tell me.  While I'm sure they're feeling older and freer, I'm betting I have at least one kid in my bed for a while.

Some parts are nice.  I was too tired to make dinner last night so I didn't.  No one argued with me. I can do what I want when I want.  I went out for a beer with a friend the other night - I can't really do that when they're here.  But still, I miss my kids.

Soon!  I will drive to upstate NY and get them in a week!  And within a few days, I will be missing the quiet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day