Friday 5 - 5 lessons learned on my trip


There was so much I noticed while I was on vacation.  I had such a great time but there are things I would like to continue in my real life.  I doubt it will happen but a girl can hope.

1.  I wasn't lactose intolerant in Switzerland.  I don't know why but I could eat cheese - and did so a lot!  No problems at all!

2.  I was relaxed.  I wasn't responsible for two kids, a mom, a house, a business (okay, I did work a bit while I was there but it wasn't bad) and me.  I laughed a lot.  I drank wine.  And pina coladas. I let go and it was all okay.

3.  I trusted someone else.  I don't trust many people in this world.  Andrew and I would discuss the plan of the day and most days, I said "I'm following you".  That's an unusual feeling for me.  I let him lead and enjoyed following him.  He took me to fabulous places and I always felt safe.  I like that feeling.

4.  I trusted myself.  I speak french like a two year old.  But I tried.  I spent time in the city for a while by myself and was able to get home without calling for help.  True, it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to get out of a department store but I did eventually get out.  And the experience made me laugh.

5.  I felt good.  I had one headache.  I took advil once on the trip.  Normally I go through a bottle a month.  I had no chest pains.  They are a regular occurrence for me at home.  My stomach didn't hurt much (it rebelled one night after eating more meat and drinking more wine than I've had in a year).  I felt good.


I was nervous to travel. I felt bad leaving my kids and my mom. But everyone lived. Now I can't wait to go somewhere again!

Comments

  1. I am so glad that you took some time out for yourself and that you had such a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day