Coming back from vacation can be a let down. Yeah, I felt that but some good things happened this week, too. It all balanced out.
1. I have seen people. I went to lunch with one friend, out for dinner, beer and girl talk with another. Oh, no, I did that twice! Time with friends is good.
2. All my clients this week (and granted, there weren't many) greeted me with "Welcome back! Tell me about your trip!" Such a nice way to be greeted before I dive into crazy science stuff.
3. I only lost power once this week. Given the events of the weeks I was gone, this is good.
4. I am smiling a lot more. People react well to smiles.
5. There will be fireworks tonight. They were postponed on the 4th. Clearly the organizers realized I would miss them if they happened as scheduled. I am beyond happy about this.
Life is good. It's good to make a list to remind me of that sometimes.