Being thankful for the work of others

I've been thinking about what I wanted to do to acknowledge the season of being thankful. My friend Alissa at Have Stroller Will Travel (http://www.havestrollerwilltravel.blogspot.com/) is doing a Pay It Forward series. The things she does make me more aware of the kindness I can provide to others - simple things that make a difference. Today I met people from various organizations that provide help and services to my local community. I decided to showcase some organizations that are making a difference between now and Thanksgiving. Maybe it will help them get some much needed support.

Since today is November 3, I'll list three.

1. Deaf Reach - http://www.deaf-reach.org/ - In 1972, the National Health Care Foundation for the Deaf--doing business as Deaf-REACH-- was founded as a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization within the District of Columbia. Our mission is to maximize the self-sufficiency of deaf adults needing special services by providing Referral, Education, Advocacy, Counseling, and Housing.

2. The Children's Inn at NIH- http://www.childrensinn.org/site/c.kkI1KiMXIvF/b.2213417/k.9765/Get_INNvolved.htm

As a parent, my heart breaks a little every time I see children in the Clinical Center at NIH. I'm very aware how lucky I am as the parent of healthy children.

3. Parkinson's Foundation - http://www.parkinson.org/. They work tirelessly to end this horrible disease.

Do you have a charity or know someone making a difference in the world? Let me know - I'd love to give them a voice here.

Comments

  1. Love that you gave a shout out to these great organizations. I hope your post has inspired others to give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alissa! It all started with you and your Pay it Forward series! I hope it has a positive effect as well. If you know of any good organizations/folks making a difference, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day