when I grow up....

I just read Alissa Ender's post over at Have Stroller Will Travel about what her son will be when he grows up and it got me thinking. What do I want for my children? I want them to be happy most of all. But I want more than that. I want them to enjoy their life. I don't want them to have a job but rather something they enjoy doing. When I ask them what they want to do when they grow up, the answers vary. So far on the list:

veterinarian
interpreter (french or sign)
inventor
teacher
musician
artist
writer

The list goes on.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a waitress. I really wanted to be a waitress. The idea has stayed with me all these years - so much so that every time I eat at the Woodside Deli, I want to get up and take orders (no, I don't do it). I also wanted to be a make up artist. I thought I'd be good at that (and still maintain that I would have been good at it). I wasn't allowed to go to vo-tech school, though, so that ended that.

I had a neighbor when I was around 9 who was deaf. My mom bought me a book (Handtalk by Mary Beth Miller) so I could learn a few signs and communicate with him. Apparently at some point I told a friend of my mom's that I wanted to do that when I grew up. And I did.

But I am still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day