Friday 5 - BOOKS!




Books are a big deal in this house.  My kids are voracious readers so there are books everywhere.  It's actually something they get in trouble for - reading all the time.  They sneak books in the bathroom, under their dinner plates, between the cushions in the couch - everywhere!  In fact, I was lying in bed  with them one day (they were sharing the bottom bunk of the full size bunk bed set) when I decided to look around.  Hidden in that bed were 26 - yes, 26! - books.  They were under the pillows, between the slats - all over.

You'd think this is a good problem to have, right?  It's not.  It's annoying.  But it is cool to hear them talk about their favorite characters, books, authors, etc.

But sometimes I like to read, too.  I just don't leave my books near the toilet.  So this list will be a family combo list.

1.  M & A - Mysterious Benedict Society - all books in the series.  They love them all.
The Mysterious Benedict Society

2.  A & M - Hunger Games.  All of 'em.
The Hunger Games

3.  Me - Illusions:  The adventures of a reluctant messiah.  This is my favorite book.  When I'm happy, I read it.  When I'm sad, I read it.  I learn something new every time I pick it up.  It's become like an old friend to me, giving me advice on things I most need to learn.
Illusions

4.  Everything by Shel Silverstein.  I especially love The Giving Tree but all bring me happiness.

The Giving Tree


5.  Dick for a Day.  This is a collection of essays by various female writers on what it would be like if they had a dick for 24 hours.  Lots jerked off because, well, wouldn't you want to play with it, too?  All felt more respected.  Some hurt others because they could - it all made me think.
Dick for a Day: What Would You Do If You Had One?




Clever Compass' Friday 5

Comments

  1. buy kindle for your kids!! or ipad2 (they have kindle reader app). Just to keep your house clutter-free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've discussed that. I don't think they're ready for that, though. They lose things. But they also love holding the books, hiding them, sharing them - doing things with them. I do, however, see kindles in their futures. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is why I love libraries ! no clutter no having to pay for books every time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day