Books are a big deal in this house. My kids are voracious readers so there are books everywhere. It's actually something they get in trouble for - reading all the time. They sneak books in the bathroom, under their dinner plates, between the cushions in the couch - everywhere! In fact, I was lying in bed with them one day (they were sharing the bottom bunk of the full size bunk bed set) when I decided to look around. Hidden in that bed were 26 - yes, 26! - books. They were under the pillows, between the slats - all over.
You'd think this is a good problem to have, right? It's not. It's annoying. But it is cool to hear them talk about their favorite characters, books, authors, etc.
But sometimes I like to read, too. I just don't leave my books near the toilet. So this list will be a family combo list.
1. M & A - Mysterious Benedict Society - all books in the series. They love them all.
2. A & M - Hunger Games. All of 'em.
3. Me - Illusions: The adventures of a reluctant messiah. This is my favorite book. When I'm happy, I read it. When I'm sad, I read it. I learn something new every time I pick it up. It's become like an old friend to me, giving me advice on things I most need to learn.
4. Everything by Shel Silverstein. I especially love The Giving Tree but all bring me happiness.
5. Dick for a Day. This is a collection of essays by various female writers on what it would be like if they had a dick for 24 hours. Lots jerked off because, well, wouldn't you want to play with it, too? All felt more respected. Some hurt others because they could - it all made me think.