Thank you, Universe

I've been thinking a lot about all the things for which I am grateful.  I've been reading all the facebook posts documenting the things my friends are thankful for with interest.  There's a lot of gratitude out there!

So, what am I saying thank you to the universe for?  Lots of things....but let's see if I can narrow this down a bit.

1.  My children are super cool.  I love them, obviously, but I like them a whole lot.  They make me laugh, cringe, giggle and proud.  I can't ask for more than that.




2.  Andrew. I am extraordinarily lucky to have him in my life.  I overheard a conversation the other day between my girls.  One was telling the other that "he treats mom so well" and they were adding that to the list of reasons we love him.  It's a good list.



3.  My mom is still here.  'Nuff said.  She's still doing okay, for which I'm grateful.



4.  Work.  I'm lucky enough to spend much of my professional life with clients I enjoy working with and interpreters who make me laugh.  And it keeps a roof over our heads.

5.  Last but certainly not least, family. Our family dynamics have changed over the years but some things have stayed the same.  One of my favorite books in the world is Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah.  And one of my favorite quotes is “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”  Oh how true that is. I'm grateful to my new family who take such good care of me and my girls. These are the people who make me laugh when I'm down, come see my kids perform in their first play, help me with my mom - they are my family.



So thank you, universe, for reminding me that I'm lucky and surprisingly happy.  That's a good thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day