Brrrrrhhhhh








It's cold out.  And I'm not happy.  Nope, not happy at all.  I hate being cold.

I don't normally wear a coat.  It makes me feel like Ralphie's little brother from A Christmas Story.  Come on, you remember.....

I broke down and wore a coat.  I don't normally wear gloves because somewhere around the age of 7 I learned that mitten clips weren't cool to have.  So I lose one of my gloves Every. Single. Time.  Just like umbrellas.  I lose those too.  But today I wore gloves.  And earmuffs.  Seriously.

I didn't want to get out of bed but I did.  That's one of the hazards of being an adult, I suppose.  The entire time I was getting ready I was praying that my car would start.  It did (and yes, I thanked the Universe).  I got the girls to school (mostly) on time.  And I got to work early.  If I get to work early I can wear make up as I keep my make up in the car just for those days when I arrive with enough time to put it on.  Today was one of those days so I started to put my make up on.  Only it was frozen.  My mascara was frozen.  So was my lip gloss.  I tried to warm up the mascara a bit but I can tell you it's really not worth it to try to put clumps of frozen black shit on your eye lashes.  The effect is not attractive.  The lip gloss was interesting.  It wasn't fully frozen.  Just glumpy.

It was so cold today that Kelly from Momma Needs a Beer (http://mommaneedsabeer.blogspot.com/) posted today on facebook that when her husband went to open their car in Grand Rapids, MI, the handle broke right off.  That's cold.

The news showed a big ass fire in Chicago and the building got covered in ICE while firefighters were trying to extinguish the fire.  Beautiful, yes.  Freaky weird, definitely.    This makes me happy that A) I don't live north of here and B) my job takes place indoors.



I am not meant to live in cold weather.  I moved south of the Mason Dixon line so I would be in the south! I realized pretty quickly that Silver Spring, MD is NOT in the south.  It's just like Pennsylvania, only different.  They get more snow there (Lansdale) than we get here but still....

I am now done bitching.  Well, no I'm not.  Who am I trying to kid?  I won't stop bitching until about April.  I just (probably) won't make you listen to it again.  You're welcome.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day