Friday 5 - Back to school twofer.

It's Friday - and as the saying goes, Thank God!  It's been a long week which is silly because it was a short week.  We've now been back to school for two weeks.  Two. Very. Long. Weeks.  There's a lot I liked.  There are some things I don't.  Maybe today I'll do a twofer.  I'll do 5 things I like and 5 things I don't like.  Wow, that's ambitious of me - before 8 am on a Friday!

Things I Don't Like:

1.  The 7:05 school bus that arrives early, takes my kids to a different school and makes them transfer buses.  Whatever happened to the bus that picked up at a normal hour and drove them directly to school?  Oh yeah, we're magnet school kids.....sucks to be us.

2.  The size of text books.  This is a big difference from last year.  I will be grateful is my kids don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame when they graduate.

3.  Physical Education.  They have it 3 days a week - but only for three semesters.  That doesn't make much sense to me.  Plus I never see the clothes they have to wear.  I can only imagine when the PE lockers smell like.....ewwww.

4.  Paperwork.  This school sends home just as much paperwork as the last school.  I have a forest worth of papers in my house that can be attributed to the junk from the school.

5. 7:55 start time.  Who thought this was a good idea?  Certainly not me.

Things I Do Like:

1.  Responsibility.  The girls have finally figured out how to get from point A to point B on time and generally remember their homework.  This is a major improvement.

2.  They can walk home from the bus stop by themselves.  They have some independence and don't rely on me to have to finish work by 3pm every day.  Serious progress.

3.  They do interesting things at school and they're meeting new people.  They're growing up....sniff....sniff.

4.  The media center (library back in my day) is their favorite place in the school.  They haven't read all the books in this one (unlike elementary school).

5.  Edline.  The girls can get school assignments, papers, etc. online any time they want.  Brilliant.  And it's about time.


Clever Compass' Friday 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day