Alissa over at Clever Compass (www.clevercompass.com) picked the topic of Summer Traditions for this weeks Friday 5. To limit it to 5 will be tough.....
1. Fireworks. On the fourth of July and every other time I can find them. I am a fireworks junkie (others use a different, not inaccurate word). I travel for fireworks. And I never leave until I'm 110% sure they're completely done.
2. Piggies in the sand. I love beaches. Ocean City, NJ is my beach of choice (my kids concur) but really I don't turn down a trip to any beach. We go shark tooth hunting at Chesapeake Beach. Any beach is our friend.
3. The Montgomery County Fair. We haven't missed one since my kids were born. And I had been going for years before that. I miss the pig made of butter but we go every year to see if it returns. It was at the fair I learned not to slap a cow on the ass. They don't like that.
4. Cooking out and catching fireflies. I love to cook out, though I'm not great at it. I love to catch fireflies, though it makes me feel guilty. Now that my kids are older, I don't know that they'll still want to do it but we've done it for years.
5. Looking for deer and other animals. Most evenings, I try to make a ride along Sligo Creek Parkway part of our way home. We count deer, see herons, turtles, foxes if we're lucky and hear woodpeckers.
I love summer. It's my favorite time of year.