It doesn't feel like end of the year. It doesn't feel like a year has gone by. But it has. And so much has changed:
My kids are in high school.
My mom is in a nursing home.
I grew a bunch of food.
Okay, that's not SO MUCH. That's a kind of short list. But it's all I can come up with.
Lots has stayed the same:
I worry about my mom (though this year is dramatically different from last year - she's safe now).
My dishwasher still doesn't work.
I'm still in the same field that I should have left years ago.
I'm still living in this house.
There's more but that list depresses me. I asked my girls yesterday what personal goals they had for the upcoming year (response: silence) and what accomplishments they had for 2015 (made it to high school, had their first job). It got me to thinking about my own stuff.
1. Keep walking. It's good for me.
2. Maintain life on the healthy track. I miss some stuff but I feel better.
3. Find out what I want to do for the next few years.
4. Fix my house (youtube videos, here I come).
5. Get my life in order.
1. I didn't kill anyone. Yay me!
2. I started walking/paying attention to what I eat. I no longer feel "allergic" to vegetables.
3. I maintained a successful business.
4. I stopped drinking soda (except for the rare occasion).
5. I saw a HUGE amount of fireworks.
We'll see what 2016 has to bring. I hope it's a quiet year.
Happy New Year to you all.