Brain vomit

It's been nearly a month since I last posted.  I've written several posts but didn't publish them.  All sorts of things have been floating around in my brain.  Let's see if I can make any of them work here.

1.  Men think differently from women.  This makes me insane.  I'm fairly certain that when I discover the key to interpreting the male brain, I will get some major award.  In the meantime, I am often frustrated.

2.  People die.  People who leave a great impression on those left behind still die.  It's sad and can't be avoided but when this happened to someone I knew recently, the outpouring of love and appreciation started and it got me thinking about the people who have impacted me in my life.  I'm not sure they all know the extent to which they have changed my life.  Short of a weird "you've changed my life and, um, thanks!" email, I don't really know how to convey my appreciation for these people.

3.  I dislike the months of November through February.  This covers most holidays and stressful times.

4.  I am not a cold weather kind of person.  Yes, I was born in MA and raised in PA.  This has no effect on my feelings for cold weather.

5.  Raising almost-teens is full of adventures.  You know that whole never-a-dull-moment thing?  It's true.  Recent conversational topics have included drag queens/kings, the control of erections and various sexual things, the proper and improper way to eat edamame, bullying and mean girls and what it means to be a member of the sandwich generation.  Yep, never a dull moment.

6.  I am a scaredy-cat home owner.  I am terrified of things going wrong in this house.  I'm starting to think this isn't the best option for me.  Some place with a maintenance staff might work better.  If only I could arrange that with no attached neighbors.....

7.  I have awesome friends.  And then there are the ones who are kind of toxic.  Letting people go is hard.

8.  I am not as crafty as I would like to be.

That's all for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day