The happy things that happen

Happy things happen when I least expect it. I like that. They're good little surprises that come just when I need it. I'm not sure who controls those things but I'm happy about it.

Today started out pretty crappy. A grumpy client didn't help. A job that went over its end time also didn't help. Then good news arrives in the form of an email. It was very simple, really. A government office asking me for a price quote. Woo-freakin'-hoo. This is what I've wanted - real clients asking me to provide services for them. Awesome. One quick, two line email brought a happy cloud to me.

Then it got even better. I got my first performing arts gig under CSL. AWESOME. And my partner in crime for this event, the amazing Reverend, is by my side in this endeavor. I'm pfp again. It's about time. I hope my happiness is contagious. He needs some, too.

Sometimes happy things happen because someone in the universe knows you need it. Last week was a good example. Last week sucked. S.U.C.K.E.D. There's no way around that. A life was extinguished (at the owner's hand). My world was rocked, as were many of the worlds of my friends. Happiness seemed very far away.

Lots of said friends (and some new ones) got together to remember the good times of the friend we lost. Many pitchers of sangria later, the memories seemed to fade a bit but the laughs were still there. Happiness peeked its head in briefly to keep us all from crying.

Happiness comes in weird forms. For example, there is nothing that makes me happier than being called a "mother fucker cock sucker" during the neighborhood poker game. That means I won a major hand against a certain neighbor. Happiness again.

Happiness is a good thing. I need more of it. The cool part of happiness is that when I think there's none left, no happiness near me, it just appears. Thank you Karma, God, Guardian Angels or whoever is in charge of letting happiness visit me. Much appreciated.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your happiness with the rest of us... we are happier for it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day