Why don't people pay attention to what I want?

The name is simple. WWJD. What would Judi do? I should have added more - what would judi do and how do my actions affect her? That would be more clear, no?

People come in and out of my life regularly. It's the job I've chosen. I show up briefly for a job and then leave. If I like the client, I can ask to go back and if I don't like them I never have to return. Perfect. My personal life isn't so perfect. People come in and out and I have no control over it.

I have a few close friends who are either moving or contemplating moving. This doesn't bode well for me. One is travelling all over the world (fine by me) and then coming back only to move across the country (not fine with me). There's a time difference between us. Who will text with me during boring jobs? Who will make me laugh when my world is falling apart?

The next might be moving half way around the world. That's definitely not okay with me. No one is asking my opinion. They just tell me what they're doing.

It's the start of a new year. Time for resolutions that will be broken within the month. This time my resolution is different. No more weight loss (that didn't work so well, did it?). No more dreams of organization (I know when to give up). No more world without caffeine (I did it for a while so it's been there, done that). I'm going to be perky. Not Gidget perky but happier perky. I can't help but think the universe is trying to tell me something. I feel like it's slapping me upside my head and I'm not sure why. So I've decided to attract positive energy. I know I work well in emergencies but that's what my life has become - one big emergency. In the last four weeks I've dealt with an unemployed husband and its related urgencies, a sick kid that has been in the ER twice in a week and all the holiday and post holiday stress of life. I feel the slap, oh Universe.

The person who exemplfies this idea is the one who is leaving. I find it very annoying. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I'm supposed to be learning things from everyone. Why is it when I have this epiphany the messenger leaves? It must mean something. Or it's the Universe playing with me. I'm not amused.

So here's to me being perky. I hope it continues past February.

Comments

  1. It's April now and you still seem pretty perky. You know, now that I sit at a desk all damn day, if you want to chat with me during boring jobs, you can aim me (sbtcs) or gchat me (sbmorgaine) or send me an email sb at tcsassociates com, or text me (if you don't have it, well you should send me an email because I am not putting my phone number up for all the crazy people to see). I will keep you company. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's May now. How am I doing? I totally missed your response - I didn't think anyone read this! I will add your contact stuff to my phone and bother you during the day. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day