So Let It Be Written....

I kind of like resolutions or goals for the new year.  I like them but I suck at them.  I sort of set them every year but I don't really write them down or make them official.

This year will be different!  Ha!  I'm going to try a new strategy.  This right here is it.



A Facebook friend of mine posted this.  Actually several friends did.  I normally skip this stuff but I like word games so I looked.  My words are:

Lesson

Connect

Change

Strength

Lesson:  I have a lot to learn in this life but I have to say, I'm doing much better in that department.  A few years ago, I started thinking about what I'm supposed to learn from certain situations instead of reacting to them (thank you, Mom). I still react but also think about what I'm supposed to learn so I don't keep repeating the same mistakes.

Connect:  I learned a lot during the pandemic years.  One thing was that for as much as I don't like a lot of social things, I do miss people.  At least certain people.  I tend to rely on people reaching out to me, which isn't fair. (Oh!  That''s a lesson, too!) I'm working on connecting more.  Isolation was easy but isn't healthy for me.

Change:  Holy moly.  This is a big one.  I feel like last year was the year of change.  I got married (that's a big change!).  I changed my perspective on parenting (like I don't need to be involved with things as much any more - they are adults!  Woo hoo!).  But there are more changes in store.  I need to focus more on me and my health and subsequent happiness.  I need to change my attitude about things I can't change. Ch-ch-changes....

Strength: I'm a pretty strong person.  Until I'm not - but that's pretty rare.  I have to think about this one.

Here's to what will hopefully be a good year.  Hopefully. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day