2022 - One Goal Complete

The year I turned 50, my brother had a great idea: do 50 fun things in that year.  It was a great idea.  But my mom was sick and I needed to take care of things here so the great idea didn't happen. Then she died and my desire for fun hit a road block.  And then covid stopped the world.  It's really amazing to me how time just passes but it feels like it stood still. But that's a topic for a different post.

Flash forward 5 years.

Five years that just seem to have vanished.  During those 5 years, I changed careers (sort of - I got a regular job so I'm no longer a contractor).  My girls started and have nearly finished college.  I moved, got married - so many things have happened.  Five years seems like 5 seconds and yet so much has happened.

So here I am: 55 years old about to turn 56 in a matter of weeks.  I wasn't going to let 55 pass by like seconds again. I was going to have fun, damnit.

And I did.  And I kept a list.  There were things I forgot but mostly I tried to remember to write things down.  I learned a few things along the way.  I learned that I married a good human who likes to have fun.  I was reminded that my friends are fun and care about me.  I learned that if I want to have fun, I have to make it and plan it.


1. Saw the Laurie Anderson exhibit at the hirshorn
2. Took an art class in Gaithersburg with Julie 
3. Went to a record show with Andrew and Mikaela
4. Took a print making class at Create
5. Went to the Renwick with Andrew to see a glass exhibit
6. Went to Rockhill filling station in Perkasie
7. Went to a paint and sip night for my bridal shower
8. Went to a Cambodian festival with Anja
9. Saw our first fireworks since covid (I think) at Freedom Plaza for Emancipation Day
10. Went to the white house garden tour with Shameka
11. Bachelorette party
12. Dinner with Lucy
13. Wedding
14. Went to 2 art festivals with Andrew
15. Went to the Mormon Temple open house with Heid and Andrew
16. Pyrotechnics show with Mikaela
17. Celebrated the girls' b-day with margaritas
18. Went back to lansdale and hung out with Patti in a bar and dinner with Lisa
19. Went to Lansdale Day with Pat and Chrisy
20. Dinner with Lucy and Jen
21. Paul McCartney with the family
22. Ventured around Charles County with Andrew
23. Tears for fears/garbage
24. Lunch with Amanda
25. Went thrift stores and hung out with Jen 
26. Went to Longwood Gardens
27. Went to 9:30 club to see Howard Jones and Midge Ure
28. Went to dinner with Lucy and Harry
29. Went to Chinese lantern featuring Philly
30. Went to Keith Haring exhibit in doyelstown
31. 
Saw Hamilton 
32.
Went to the basilica in Montreal aura show (took Anja to Montreal)
33. Mikaela took me to the 21 Pilots show
34. Mikaela took me to see MCR in Newark
35. Explored Chelsea for a few hrs
36. Went to see rocky horror outside with Andrew and Amanda
37. Went to colorfest with Andrew
38. Went to see the foliage in Cumberland
39. Went to dinner with Heidi at cheesecake factory
40. Went to the Eleanor with Amanda and Jay
41. Went to the drag races
42. Went to myrtle beach
43. Went shark tooth hunting
44. Went to Murrells inlet
45. Went on the skywheel - twice!
46. Went to Asheville
47. Saw Earl and Kathy
48. Went gem mining in Hiddenite
49. Saw fireworks at the inner harbor
50. Saw Imagine Dragons with Andrew
51. Went to a party at Jen's.
52. Went to Korean Hot Pot with Heidi
53. Went to brookside with Amanda and Jay
54. Went to the Redneck Christmas Party
55. Went to dinner with Kevin, Katie, Mari and Andrew. Yummm....soup dumplings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day