Turn The Knife A Little Deeper

Conversation with M today:

M:  I'm sorry the government didn't close.
Me: What?!! Why would you say that?
M: Well, last time it happened, you were home every day after school.  We baked and cooked and played games.  You were a full time mom.
Me: Sigh....That's true.  But it was hard for us.
M:  But we made it through.  And I liked it.

This conversation came about two hours after a similar conversation with my mom:

Mom: I wish you didn't work so much.
Me: I don't work 60 weeks any more. I often don't work 40 hours.
Mom: No, but between work, kids, appointments, activities, responsibilities, you don't have a lot of time.
Me: That's true.  But you still see me every week, sometimes several times a week.
Mom: Yeah.  But I miss you.

I can't help but feel I'm doing something wrong.  No one is happy and I feel like a mouse on one of those running wheels.  I'm doing a ton of shit and no one - including me - is liking it.

There has got to be a better way.  Cloning isn't an option.  Moving isn't a great option (and not on the table right now).  I'm open to ideas.  Anyone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's not a bucket, it's a can

A Life Well Lived....so far

Wacky Hair Day